Its all about IMPACT!
Remember that the majority of banners are read from a distance so don’t try and create War and Peace. The message needs to be clear and concise. The further your banner is readable the better!
Check our roller banner templates
Remember what you are trying to do:
- Catch your audiences’ attention
- Vivid Colours
- Clever use of space – less is more!
- Clear and concise message – your message should eye-catching, the further you
- Keep your design simple – limit your colors, fonts, images, and information so as not to overwhelm the viewer
- Create an impact!
Images tell a thousand words
Viewers notice images first, so yours should evoke curiosity or create emotion so as to lead the viewer to read your text.
Spend some time looking for the right images. We all know that clip-art is pretty cheesy and often completely horrid, but there are other options. Fortunately, the web is a wonderland of free resources if you know where to look. Search the following sites:
- Flickr Creative Commons
- keep all your key copy at least 50mm from the trim edge
- Roller banners usually need about an extra 200mm on the base to take care of the part of the PVC material that runs around the roller.
- Make sure your main message is around eye level and perhaps use images or colour towards the bottom of the pull up banner.
- work at 300dpi for best image reproduction – the bigger the image the better
- ensure you maintain a minimum size for your typography to maintain legibility
- design in CMYK – use your colour effectively and not randomly
- use contrasting colours
- ensure you provide a bleed. This is commonly 3mm, but can be 5mm
- avoid using a straightforward border around the entire Poster as this will show up any misalignment in the trim
- Make sure the typeface is easily readable.
- make sure you’ve double-checked every single detail before giving the go ahead to print, Check twice, print once
Don’t panic our design team have done this before and will make sure you get the product you want and the product your audience will love!